Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Mclendon Family of Ireland~Scotland





My Clan is Mclendon/McClendon/MacLennan of Ireland. They also have a large branch in Scotland. For me, I think of Scotland and Ireland Geographically the way I do NY and NJ. That helps me to get a better understanding of how close they are together.


















I am researching more details about John W. H. Johnson (the African Lawyer and Teacher). His Wife, Mary Jane Mclendon Johnson (The Irish Teacher which later became a Midwife) is a descendant of Dennis McLendon, the Immigrant from Ireland. I have several DNA matches that confirm this line and our Most Recent Common Ancestors. My aunt told me yesterday that lawyers back then were called Yard Jacks. I have to research that term more.








Source : 1870 Census Record for Plowden Mills, SC http://interactive.ancestry.com/716...




Mariah Wright Johnson married Columbus Johnson. Mariah’s ancestors are Bamileke of Cameroon.







This is the Death Certificate of my 3rd Great Grandmother with my notes.
Source: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1... GS Film number: 1913670 Digital Folder Number: 4177623 Image Number: 582 Reference ID: fn 16403








You can Download a Copy of the Genealogy PDF files Here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdiamtyv...

Websites about the McLendon
More to follower....

1 comment:

  1. OMG I think we are related. mary jane mclendon johnson married my 3rd great grandfather John W H johnson and they moved to texas maybe in the 1860's. Did John W H johnson have indian ancestory? email me back at phickslewis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete