Friday, October 24, 2014

Finding the Browns of McIntosh County, Georgia

While researching my ancestry, I also help others.  I believe today that willingness to help others has been rewarded.  I cannot thank Sister Annette Thompson Logue enough for finding the names of my son's paternal great grand parents.  They lived in McIntosh, Georgia.  She found them on a 1940 Census record and she spoke with someone that knew them as well as his grandmother Daisy Mae Johnson.  They lived in Darien,  Georgia for a while.

Here is what I learned from the 1940 Census record of Georgia, McIntosh, Jones, 95-4 record.
The names are as follows:

Julias/ Julius Brown Sr  (Head) age 25
Annie Brown (Wife) age 23
Julias/Julius Brown Jr (Son) age 4
Edward Brown  (Son) age 2
Elizabeth "Betty" Brown (Daughter) age 0






I also learned from this record that Julius Sr worked at the saw mill and Annie did housework.  I hope to speak with anyone that knew them so we can go and pay respect to them.  More to follow.  









2 comments:

  1. Great Post! Wish you Well on this Reunion. The Circle is Unbroken now. Look forward to checking back!

    ReplyDelete